- If you place a chargeback with your credit card company (on purpose or by mistake) for any deposit you made in your Account with us, we reserve the right to block an amount of USD 150 in your Account upon receiving the charge back by our merchant provider. Following the investigation which will be performed from us, the blocked amount will be released in the event that the chargeback is proven to be legitimate. In respect of the aforementioned, you hereby authorise us to block and/or charge this amount to your credit card.
- We do not tolerate credit card fraud, and all fraud, without exception, will be prosecuted through criminal proceedings in your local jurisdiction to the fullest extent of the law. In addition, we will pursue civil legal action in your local jurisdiction seeking any loss of income related to the fraud, including business, legal fees, research costs, employee down time and loss of revenues.
- We employ advanced risk modelling to detect fraudulent transaction clues across our Services. Fraudulent transactions are immediately cancelled after being detected.
Any active Orders associated with the same fraudulent credit card will also be cancelled immediately. We also actively leverage external, cross-industry resources –such as worldwide fraud blacklists –to prevent fraudulent users from accessing our Online Trading Facility in the first place.
- We consider credit card charge backs to be fraudulent if you make no reasonable effort to work with us to resolve any problems with your deposit. All frivolous chargebacks not only cost our employees time away from our usual and customary matters of conducting normal business, but also cost us money, therefore:
- when we detect questionable activity related to a deposit that is being made in an Account, we will mark the deposit with a “customer review in progress” status and perform fraud detection checks on the deposit to reduce your exposure to risk; during this time, you won’t be able to access your Account.
- In general, we complete reviews within four (4) to six (6) hours; certain deposits posing a higher potential risk may require more time, however, as our Compliance Department performs even more extensive fraud detection checks. We may also contact you directly as a backup precaution. If we determine that a deposit is high-risk or doesn’t comply with our Compliance and risk Policies, the deposit will immediately be cancelled and the funds will immediately be refunded to the credit card from which the deposit was initially made. Furthermore, in such instances, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to close any and all of your Account(s) with us immediately. Any active Orders associated with the same fraudulent credit card and/or Account will also be cancelled immediately.
- You agree that if you choose to do business with us and you file a chargeback with your credit card company we will initially block the amount of USD150 from your credit card. Further to this and following the investigation which will be performed by us, in the event that you win the charge back argument, we will unblock the said amount the soonest possible. In the event that you do not win the charge back argument, you agree to charge the blocked amount of USD150 to your credit card, which will represent the “research and administrative processing fee” for our time responding to the matter. You hereby authorize us to charge this amount to your credit card. If this charge is rejected, we will pursue legal action to recoup losses for our time associated with responding to the charge back in addition to any other fees explained above. You agree to reimburse us or any Representative we may appoint for any legal expenses your actions may make us incur.
- In addition, we will attempt to recover fraudulently disputed charges plus additional costs via a third-party collection agency and your account will be reported to all credit bureaus as a delinquent collection account. At this point, we will no longer accept a settlement of your debt and will only accept payment in full. In addition to this, we will file a report with your local police department, and pursue all fraudulent activities through your local jurisdiction for prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
Furthermore, in such instances, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to take all action as we see fit, including, without limitation, completely blocking access to our Online Trading Facility, blocking and/or revoking your Access Codes and/or terminating your Account. Under these circumstances, we reserve the right to seize any profits and/or revenues generated directly or indirectly by exercising any such prohibited trading activity and we shall be entitled to inform any Interested third parties of your breach of this clause; any active Orders associated with the same fraudulent credit card and/or Account will also be cancelled immediately; we have, and will continue to develop any tools necessary to identify credit/debit card fraud; any dispute arising from such fraudulent activity will be resolved by us in our sole and absolute discretion, in the manner we deem to be the fairest to all concerned; that decision shall be final and/or binding on all participants; no correspondence will be entered into.
- We take fraud very seriously. We log IP strings on all deposits made in our accounts -any orders coming back as a chargeback due to fraudulent activities will be diligently pursued through criminal proceedings in your local jurisdiction for prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
[ back to top ]